For the last 12 years, I’ve been exploring the U.S. one road trip at a time. I’ve driven through 37/50 states, hiking through gorgeous landscapes, wandering through every museum I could, and making new friends along the way.
Travel changed my life in ways I can only try to explain. It’s opened my mind, filled me with joy, and given me a reason to keep going.
You won’t find any stories about luxury travel around here.
I’m not afraid to get a little dirty. By that, I mean I’m more than willing to give up a few creature comforts in order to put my time and resources into experiencing more.
I like to immerse myself into each city I visit- get to know the people who live there, dine at the local restaurants, and experience the things that are important to that area.
Looking to get a little more personal?
Like I said, I love getting to know new people. Each person has a rich history, a unique story that makes them who they are and I think it’s important to get to know each other. We all have to inhabit the same space, after all.
So, my name is Stephanie Withers. All my favorite people call me Stephie.
- I’m celebrating 3 years married to the coolest dude who is willing to follow me along on my adventures, building our home in a van so I can travel full time.
- I’m a mama to three of the most awesome dogs in the world. A soon-to-be tripod Black Lab named Sugar, a Chihuahua with a ton of health issues named Rex, and another Chihuahua with some serious PTSD named Dobby.
- My family moved around a lot when I was a kid between 3 different states. I went to 11 different schools. I’m pretty sure that got me started in my wandering ways.
- I was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA and I’m a city girl at heart, but I find spiritual connection in the woods. Last year, my husband and I moved to a rural town in Southeast Texas to take care of his grandmother.
- I’m vegan and I adopted this lifestyle a few months ago to help with my mental health.
- Speaking of mental health, bipolar disorder and anxiety are daily battles of mine. I’ll mention them throughout that blog as they play a huge role in my life and in the way I travel.
Alright, enough about me. Let’s talk about you!
Would you like to….